Thank You for a great event!
1st prize $2500: Richard Soroka
2nd prize $1000: Mike Diemer
3rd prize $500: Mona Halsnes
What Is Red Ball Express
On April 6, 2019, over 100 gigantic red exercise balls rolled down a course on the slopes at Steamboat Ski Resort. Prior to the event, tickets are sold for only $10 that allow the buyer to adopt two of the red balls. The first two balls down the course win that ticket holder $2,500! The second pair to finish wins that ticket holder $1,000 and the third pair wins that ticket holder $500!
Buy a Red Ball Express ticket for only $10 from a Ski Town, U.S.A Morning Rotarian or a Red Ball Express nonprofit partner to get your chance to win CASH and to support good local causes at the same time.
2019 NON-PROFIT YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS
Buy A Ticket & Adopt a Ball Combo- 2019 sales are closed
You may adopt one ball, or multiple balls. Each adoption is $10, but you can buy 12 adoptions for just $100.
Ski Town USA Rotary works with local non-profit organizations to help sell tickets. These tickets will be available soon and proceeds go directly to the non-profit organization.
Tickets will also be sold by Rotary members in Gondola Square on Saturday, April 6 until 2:30pm.
You can buy your $10 ticket from a Ski Town, USA Rotary member.
You can pay for your tickets by cash or check. If you are buying by check from a non-profit partner, make the check out to that organization. If you are buying from a Rotary member, the check should be made out to Ski Town USA Rotary.
2019 Ticket Information
Or purchase your ticket from one of the 2019 Nonprofit Organizations directly in person
Wells Fargo Bank Steamboat Chamber
320 South Lincoln Ave Anglers Drive
Across from the Steamboat Post Office Across Highway 40 from Starbucks
Native Excavating Wells Fargo Advisers Aces High Trash Sotheby's Central Park Management
Sheraton Steamboat Resort
The Creekside Cafe Steamboat Tennis Center Yampa Valley Bank Holiday Inn Steamboat Coffee Company Sunshine Dentistry
Wyndham Resorts, Ban of the San Juans, Chief Theater, Christy Sports
1. The Presenter, Ski Town USA Rotary Club of Steamboat Springs, shall race a maximum of 300 balls, representing a maximum of 44,850 2-ball number adoptions.
2. Organizations re-selling tickets: (a) Agree to sell a least 90% of the tickets purchased for the full $10 face value. Any more than 10% of the number of tickets purchased, but not sold at $10, will be ineligible for adoption. (b) Agree and promise to turn in all ticket stubs in a timely manner - soon after the tickets are sold - but no later than April 5, 2019.
3. Balls will be launched at location and date printed on the ticket front the Presenter reserves the right to change the location.
4. All balls entered will be provided by the Presenter, and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
5. The racecourse may be fenced, and, once launched, the numbered balls are at the mercy of gravity. The numbering on the balls will be permanent and covered with tape so that no ball can be identified during the race. It takes two balls to constitute a Winner. There will be a finish line trap constructed to ensure that three ball pairs will be clear winners. Independent referees unaffiliated with the presenting organizations will identify and announce the winning numbers.
6. Coded numbers shall be assigned to each Adoption at the time such Adoption is received by the Presenter. A person’s name who appears on the Adoption, and whose numbers correspond to the winning balls, will be the winner of each Prize. Positive identification will be required.
7. The Adoption shall be completely filled out and delivered to Presenter at least Three hours prior to the race. There is a remote possibility of a sell-out; if entries are received after a sell-out, Presenter will return any funds not eligible for prizes.
8. Each adoption for entry into the race requires a $10 ticket. Purchase is not required for participation. Participants may receive adoptions without purchase by submitting a 3x5 index card with their contact information to Ski Town USA Rotary Club on Tuesday March 12, 19 or 26, 2019 from 7:00-7:15 am.
9. Winner will be announced approximately one hour following the race finish. Winners need not be present.
10. Any and all taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner consents to promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
11. By entering, entrants release Presenter and all sponsors, their directors, officers, members, staff and other related entities for any and all liability with respect to the prize or the race.
12. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified adoptions. The winning odds for 100 balls would be 3 in 4,950.
13. All decisions and interpretations of the Rules & Regulations will be made by Presenter, and its judgment is final.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
15. Neither Rotary Club members, nor Race Referees will be eligible to win a Prize.
16. The cash prizes will be $2,500, $1,000 and $500, and awarded to the winners in the form of a cashier’s check or a check from the Ski Town U.S.A(R) Morning Rotary Club. A federal tax form 1099 will be sent to the IRS and the winners.
17. Adopters should retain their ticket(s) until the winners are known. The stub bar code is computer scanned to enter your adoption(s). One tickets provides for the adoption of two balls. There are additional, necessary manual steps, so please check your adoption number(s) at the website indicated on the face of the adoption ticket to receive the ball numbers assigned to your adoption. The numbers will be available after March 31, 2019 or one day after the first Tuesday since the purchase of the ticket, whichever is later.